LIVES AND WORKS
Ariano Nel Polesine
LIVES AND WORKS
Ariano Nel Polesine
DATE OF BIRTH
Fabio Negri, was born in Veneto, Italy, where he continues to live and
works. His passion for photography bloomed in 1989 and has since earned him
awards and publication from critics and magazines alike.
Often a winner of important photo contest, Fabio expande his expertise by continuing to study contemporary art and phenomena of social and psychological interaction.
Bernd and Hilla Becher, Gabriele Basilico, Massimo Vitali and Luigi Ghirri, are the authors who most enjoyed it and contaminated it; the landscapes of the Po Delta, visible on the site www.visita-delta.it , characterized it in its first photographic training.
In his journey as a photographic author he has long since abandoned production by single shot to devote himself to the creation of structured and composite works "using" photography also in an original way for the expression and sharing of concepts. Collecting exhibitions and displays you gain the definition of a photographer out of the lines for the alternative use of photography that becomes a support for real installations. His works are visible on the website www.fabionegri.it
In 2005 with "Summer Front - parody of freedom", he is the winner of national competitions and lands in the Art Gallery. With Summer Front, the author captured a contradiction by immortalizing the gray and anonymous seaside residences of the Adriatic coast: summer is by definition the season of freedom and relaxation in which we should more easily abandon constraints, ties and conventions, and instead we put in the cages. The graphical use of the orthogonal scheme emphasizes the concept. https://youtu.be/lSrF8kv_hYE http://www.fabionegri.it/summer_front.htm
In 2009 with “Alti Cieli - the Po delta between poetry and metaphysics" the author provides an answer to Summer Front. In the 24 images, abandoning the golden rule so dear to the purists of aesthetics suggests that we free the mind from the dense and stringent constraints that govern human thought. The Po Delta, silent and metaphysical, is elevated to an ideal theater to evoke feelings of lightness and freedom. https://youtu.be/bSgeQ6FOwBE http://www.fabionegri.it/alti_cieli.htm
In 2012 Fabio Negri for the first time goes beyond classical photography by proposing “DeltaPoRoad - theory and practice of perception", a work to see and touch. Composed of 24 large-format photos and 10 glass-asphalt panels, the author plays with the visitor, inviting him to touch the asphalt and question himself on the perception of the realities surrounding him, highlighting and raising clear ambiguities.
In 2014 with “Reset? history of a crooked world” the author deals with the environmental theme with this assumption: "The world is crooked and the urban collection of waste refutes the illusion that the system based on consumption is in control". 4 continents, 9 states, lakes, beaches, rivers, mountains and many cities are the protagonists of Reset? The author collects the objects (waste) dispersed in the environment and composes them in elegant plexiglas, together with the image of the waste, to launch his warning. The horizon of these images, "straightened out for convenience", becomes a metaphor for an apparent equilibrium. Reset? It was exhibited for the first time in 2019 at its anthological exhibition "IL-LOGICO MONDO" at the Rosolina Mare Conference Center (RO)
In 2019 in the anthological exhibition "IL-LOGICO MONDO" Fabio Negri offers a preview of a fun and stimulating installation: "ODIQUAODILA '" with which the author invites the observer to doubt the perception of the difficulties that life inexorably leads to poses in front. In a cabin, whose entrance is mildly obstructed, 5 images enlarge environmental barriers which then in a small case are revealed in their poor essence and small size. ODIQUAODILA 'is an' ironic demonstration by images that, sometimes, the obstacles appear to us greater than what they are and we even self-create them. https://youtu.be/gB_SKjjIIfQ http://www.fabionegri.it/odiquaodilà.htm
- 1989 winner of the Po Delta trophy of Taglio
di Po (RO)
- 2004 publication of his works in the national magazine "il Fotografo"
- 2005 winner of the Mega-Pixel.net competition "2005 calendar the four seasons"
- 2005 winner in the national environmental competition TERR @ E of Cavallino-Treporti (VE)
- 2005 winner in the national competition "5 scatti per raccontare" Città di Urgnano (BG)
- 2005 1st prize in the national competition Città di San Vincenzo (LI) for the complex of "Summer front" works
- 2005 1st prize in the national competition city of Gela (CL) "L’uomo e la città" with Summer Front
- 2005 1st prize in the national competition city of Gela (CL) "Luci e colori della notte"
- 2005 Special Prize for the National Competition of the City of Gela (CL) as "best author ever"
- 2006 the Summer Front portfolio was published in the national magazine "Fotografare"
- 2008 the Summer Front is published in the prestigious online magazine www.fotologie.it
- 2008 the work "Summer Front" was exhibited at the gallery "Il Melone - Arte Contemporanea di Rovigo
- 2008 "Summer Front" was exhibited at the "9th exhibition of the book" city of Porto Viro
- 2009 The work "Alti Cieli" is exhibited at the Regional Museum of Reclamation of Cà Vendramin (RO)
- 2009 "Alti Cieli" is exhibited at the exhibition hall of the Cen.ser of Rovigo on the occasion of the "fair of words"
- 2010 "Summer Front" is exhibited at the exhibition hall of the Cen.ser of Rovigo on the occasion of the "fair of words"
- 2010 the site www.visita-delta.it is awarded with a Special Mention at the Premio Del Veneto 2010
- 2011 Summer Front wins the Special Prize at the Photography Prix Gran Prix: my City
- 2011 The Essential Itinerary in the Po Delta is published in the journal REM Research Experience Memory
- 2012 Author of the month at the photoclub 85 of Villanova del Ghebbo (RO) - exhibition evening
- 2012 "DeltapoRoad theory and practice of perception" is exhibited at the Council Chamber of Ariano nel Polesine (RO)
- 2012 Summer Front - exhibition at the Bassani Municipal Library - Calendar of cultural activities in the city of Ferrara -
- 2013 "The Essential Itinerary in the Po Delta" is chosen by Roberto Parodi for the broadcast RIDER'S CAFE 'of Italia 2 -Mediaset
- 2013 "DeltapoRoad - theory and practice of perception" is on display in Adria (RO) Sala Cordella
- 2013 Award of the "Excellence" Award (of
the person) of the Po Delta in the context of the 409th anniversary of the
Porto Viro cut
- 2013 "DeltapoRoad" is on display at the Bassani Municipal Library - Calendar of activities for the 2013 Este week - city of Ferrara -
- 2019 "IL-LOGICO MONDO" 1st anthological exhibition - Rosolina Mare Congress Center https://youtu.be/lSrF8kv_hYE
WHO I AM
I like to photograph outside the box using photography to express and share concepts
CONTACT THE ARTIST