LIVES AND WORKS
LIVES AND WORKS
DATE OF BIRTH
I was born in Naples in 1984 but I moved many times with my parents, from the province of Caserta to Turin then to the south of Rome. I graduated from scientific high school. I first attended the Faculty of Philosophy at the Sapienza University of Rome and later I graduated in painting at the Academy of Fine Arts in Frosinone. Since 2009 I have been a teacher of art in the lower secondary school. I experiment with multiple expressive techniques ranging from painting, sculpture and graphics and I have been working in the arts for almost twenty years, obtaining a few prizes and awards including the 2006 Pandosia Prize, the 2009 Morgese Prize, the 2011 Il Segno Prize and the Biennale Prize Imprimatur of 2012. My artistic research, always in continuous evolution, aims to investigate the possibilities of expression of the figure while contaminated by the languages of the informal and the conceptual but without being inscribed precisely in any of these. The subjects tell, amidst stories, mythologies, and indefinite identities, those philosophical themes of existence, life and death, which fascinated me from high school studies. I have exhibited my works in major international events, including the 2014 Triennale di Roma and the 54th Venice Biennale in 2011. I’ve been selected for the Summer Prize and the “Fall” Open call of the Bruxelles Art Vue Fundation 2022. I’m among the finalists of the Mestre 2022 Award. I’m finalist of the Amedeo Modigliani 2022 Foundation Award in the painting section. My works are present in private collections and they have been exposed in private and public galleries such as Ariele (Turin), Zamenhof (Milan), La Spadarina (Piacenza), Royal Palace (Caserta), MACRO Testaccio (Rome), Egypt Embassy (Rome), Sale del Bramante (Rome), Le Ciminiere (Catania), Tese di San Cristoforo (Venice), Galleria Studio C (Piacenza), ArtTime gallery (Udine). My studio is now in Alatri (FR).
Alessia Zolfo was born in Naples (NA) Italy on 18/07/1984.
She is a permanent teacher of Art and Image in the secondary school/First grade of Frosinone.
She lives in Alatri (FR)
• In 2021 she obtained the postgraduate diploma in CLIL methodology.
• In 2020 she obtained the C1 level certification in English.
• Between 2009 and 2019 she obtained 5 second level Masters in psychology,
pedagogy and didactics of art history at the Guglielmo Marconi University in Rome.
• In 2017 at the University of Dante Alighieri in Reggio Calabria she obtained the
Biennial Diploma of Specialization in "Psycho-pedagogical methodologies for
teaching-learning management in the didactic field"
• In 2014 she was the winner of the competition for DDG 82/2012 “Art and Image
secondary school” and “Design and History of Art secondary school”.
• In 2009 she obtained the qualification for teaching Drawing and Art History at the
Academy of Fine Arts in Frosinone.
• In 2007 she graduated in painting from the Academy of Fine Arts in Frosinone.
• She attended the philosophy faculty at the “La Sapienza” University of Rome.
• She graduated from the Scientific High School of Frosinone (experimentation
Brocca) in 2002.
Artistic awards and recognitions:
• In 2022 she received a mention of merit from the Brussels Art Vue Fundation at the “Summer Prize” contest.
• In 2022 she is selected in the top 30 by the Brussels Art Vue Fundation in the “Fall” contest.
• In 2022 she is a finalist in the “Mestre Painting Award” curated by the Civic Museums of Venice - Bevilacqua La Masa Foundation (VE)
• In 2022 she is a finalist in the painting section of the Amedeo Modigliani Prize of the Modigliani Foundation.
• In 2022 she is the winner of the international illustration award “Just a Campanile” (FR).
• In 2012 she is the winner of the First Prize entitled “Aldo Marini” at Imprimatvr Biennial of contemporary art of S. Martino dall'Argine (MN).
• In 2011 she was selected by a scientific committee for the 54th Venice International Biennale of Art, at the Arsenale (Tese di San Cristoforo).
• In 2011 she won the “Il Segno” Award, named after Jean Michel Basquiat for young under 30 painting.
• In 2011 she was awarded the Van Gogh Prize in Lecce, curated by the “Italia in Arte” Association, High recognition for Personality from the world of art and culture.
• In 2010 she was selected in the "open" section at the Isola di Sant'Antioco (CI) “Archer Award” in Sardinia, curated by the art critic and historian Vittorio Sgarbi in collaboration with Dr. Cristiana Collu, director of the MAN Museum of contemporary art of Nuoro.
• In 2010 she was recommended in the sculpture and installation section at the Celeste Italia international Prize.
• In 2009 she was a finalist in the "graphics" section of the National Arts Award, announced by MIUR for Higher Education in Art and Music, at the "Le Ciminiere"
Contemporary Art Gallery in Catania.
• In 2009 she was the winner of the 1st Painting Prize at the IX “Getano Morgese
National Competition”, at the Pinacoteca De Napoli in Terlizzi (BA).
• She is one of the five winners of the XIV Energheia Literary Prize in Matera in 2008.
• She is the winner of the XXV Jury Trophy at the third edition of the 2007 national
competition "Dream or reality" at the Galleria La Spadarina (PC).
• In 2006 she is the winner of the Cosmo Gataleta Prize at the XVIII edition of the
Porticato Gaetano, curated by the Novecento Cultural Association and by Giorgio
Agnisola and Rosario Pinto, at the contemporary art gallery in Gaeta (LT).
• She is the winner of the Pandosia National Modern Painting Prize, at the XXI edition
of 2006, at the art gallery of Marano Principato (CS).
• She is the absolute winner of the "Pirandello Model" writing award in 2002 in
Participation in major national and international collective artistic events of which there are publications in magazines and catalogs:
• “War in progress” collective of contemporary art at the MOCA (FR) curated by Umberto Cufrini
• “Mestre Painting Award” Candiani Cultural Center Museum of Mestre (VE) exhibition of the finalists.
• Collective exhibition of contemporary art "Art in the XXII year of the XXI century" at the ArtTime Gallery in Udine curated by the critic Luca Franzil.
• "... Only myself" artistic and social project Frosinone historic center, collective of contemporary art curated by Umberto Cufrini
• "XXXI Fibrenus Carnello cArte ad Arte Award" Culture Workshop - Sora Civic
Museum (FR) 2015
• "The suspended time" at Galleria Ariele (TO) 2014
• "International Exhibition of Visual Arts" Rome at the Faculty of Civil and Industrial Engineering University of Rome La Sapienza - curated by Daniele Radini Tedeschi, inaugurated by Achille Bonito Oliva
• “First International Art Biennial of Palermo” inaugurated by Vittorio Sgarbi
• "33 amorous women", at the Casetta della Musica, Latina, curated by Emanuela
Bianchi and Sandro Pompeo
• “Imprimatvr” Biennial of Contemporary Art - Castel Church of San Martino
dall'Argine (MN) Italy
• "Oasis International" collective of contemporary art - MACRO Testaccio "La
Pelanda", Rome, curated by Marco Valeri, Claudio Vagnoni - Patronage: Roma
Capitale, Japanese Embassy Italy, Academy of Fine Arts in Rome
• "Utopia del sembiante" collective art - Landscape Museum of Torre di Mosto (VE)
• "Twelve at the same time" - Civic Gallery of Veroli (FR)
• 54th International Biennale of Art of Venice, Arsenale of Venice, Tese di San
Cristoforo, curated by the art critic and historian Vittorio Sgarbi.
• “Artelier” at the MUSAE exhibition space in Milan
• "The Man and the Saint", Sacristy Church of San Francesco, Ferentino, edited by the Ass. Free Mind Cultural
• Arte in Tricolore, City of Turin, collective exhibition curated by Paolo Levi.
• "Conviv-io" at the Ex Church of San Carlo dei Barnabiti, Florence, curated by the
ass. Cultural Psike
• Il Segno Award, Zamenhof Gallery Milan. J.M Basquiat Prize Winner, best artist
• Collective exhibition of Mail Art - Anagni, Ferentino, with the Ass. Cultural "Il
• "In the places of art" and "New proposals 2012" at Galleria Ariele, Turin
• X "Getano Morgese National Competition", at the Cloister of the Poor Clares of
Terlizzi (BA). Winner of the 4th prize.
• "Medea, Antigone and other bad girls" collective exhibition curated by Linda
Filacchione and Marina Zatta - International Women's House in Rome.
• "AthensArt 2010" Technopolis of Athens, Greece, contemporary art collective.
• Celeste Italia Prize Selection and New York International Prize
• "Il Vero" Galleria L’Agostiniana Rome, collective of contemporary art
• “The New Figuration” - Civic Art Gallery of Imperia, curated by Giovanna Arancio
• "Archer Prize" Island of S. Antioco (CI), at the Archaeological Museum of
Sant'Antioco Island, curated by Vittorio Sgarbi 2009
• Exhibition of contemporary art Vernice Art Fair -Forlì (FC) participation with the ERATO Study Center in Agrigento.
• Collective exhibition of Contemporary Art "Comparing Italian / Egyptian artists" - Embassy of the Arab Republic of Egypt, in Rome - curated by the Arab Embassy and Moussa Abdayem.
• “Alone” - Sala della Ragione of the Municipality of Anagni (Fr).
• "Autumn in Art" - Collective exhibition at the Villa Amorosa in Fumone (Fr)
• "In Primis" - ADSUM Gallery - collective exhibition of young emerging artists
curated by Luigi dello Russo and Maria Bonaduce - Terlizzi (Ba)
• "XXIII Carnello cArte ad Arte Engraving Award" Civic Museum of Sora, FR - curated
by Loredana Rea, teacher and art critic.
• "Porte Aperte Art Day 2009 I edition", at Palazzo Roffi Isabelli in Ferentino (FR)
• “The Earth needs men” - promoted by the Senate of the Republic at the Royal
Palace of Caserta (CE) - directed by Francesco Ruggiero and curated by Vincenzo
• Kromosoma X collective for women - Gallery 113 (FR).
• “The Limit of the Circle” - Palazzo Conti Gentili di Alatri (FR).
• “Tempora” - Covered Roman Market of Ferentino (FR).
• XXII Carnello cArte Engraving Award for Art - Civic Museum of Sora, FR - curated
by Loredana Rea, teacher and art critic.
• Review of Contemporary Art 12 ICS - Museum Center for Studies on European
Landscape Painting in Lazio at Villa de Pisa, Olevano Romano (Rome); 2007
• IV edition of the 2007 OpenArt Prize -Sale del Bramante, Rome curated by Giovanni Morabito.
• OttoArte Contemporary Art Review - Covered Roman Market in Ferentino (FR) - promoted by the "Il Cartello" Association;
• V Biennial International Engraving Award City of Monsummano Terme (PT) - committee: Paola Cassinelli, Bruno Corà, Domenico Viaggiano.
• PresentiAssenti - collective exhibition of the Regeneration Association at the Villa
Comunale in Frosinone - curated by Angela Sanna, professor of Contemporary Art
• “Corde cordis, bonds of memory” - collective of young artists at the former slaughterhouse of Isola del Liri (Fr) - curated by the art critic and historian Patrizia Molinari.
• In 2014 "Abracadabra" at Harpax Gallery in Ferentino (FR)
• In 2012 "Carte Contro" at Art Ware Gallery Tofani, FR.
• In 2012 - Carte Contro - Galleria Zamenhof Milano, curated by Virgilio Patarini
• In 2006 - “Looking for Psyche- Cercando Psiche” - Frosinone, Gallery 113 - curated
by Angela Sanna, teacher and art critic.
• In 2006 - Paradigma - L’Acino Brillo Gallery, Rome (EUR) - curated by Loredana
Rea, teacher and art critic.
Publications on YEARBOOKS (catalogs and ex Bolaffi)
• In 2022 publication in the "Artistic Guide of Italy" edited by Dr. Gastone Ranieri Indoni published by FSM Spazio Mecenate
• In 2012 Works published on CAM Catalog of Modern Art Mondadori edition n ° 48.
• In 2011 publication in the “Nuova Arte” Catalog published by Mondadori.
• In 2011 Works published on CAM Catalog of Modern Art Mondadori edition n ° 47.
• In 2008, publication in the 2010 CAI Catalog published by the Centro Diffusione
• In 2007 Works published in the CAM Catalog of Modern Art Mondadori edition n °
They reviewed her work: Gregorio Sgarra, Patrizia Molinari, Angela Sanna, Loredana Rea, Italo Evangelisti, Luigi dello Russo, Tullio Casilli, Paolo Levi, Vittorio Sgarbi, Daniele Radini Tedeschi, Luca Franzil.
WHO I AM
I am busy trying to answer who am I
CONTACT THE ARTIST