LIVES AND WORKS
LIVES AND WORKS
My name is Sève Favre and I’m a visual Artist based near Lausanne. Originally from Switzerland, I was introduced to arts from a young age but decided to follow academic study first Art History at University. I supplemented my degree with a secondary school teaching degree, which enabled me to teach art history and visual arts in high school over fourteen years. During two years, I was in charge of the curation of the Olsommer museum, and designed several exhibitions during my stay at the institution.
At the same time, I continued my education by taking several seminars and workshops in the visual arts, notably at the Ceruleum in Lausanne.
In 2005, I created my first modular artwork and over several years I have maintained both careers simultaneously, teaching and private commission for artworks. Today I devote completely to my art pratice and promotion. I have exhibited in Switzerland and abroad. I finished a solo exhibition in January in a museum in Fribourg, Switzerland. This year, I was nominated in installation and sculpture section for Arte Laguna Prize.
In my artworks, I concentrate on transcending the classical boundary between the work and the viewer. The main feature of my art is interactivity. The key words that support my concept is being interaction (be together), variation (be different), activity (be active). My name for this experience is « intervariactivity ».
I want to integrate the viewer into my art in a direct and tactile way. I combine this experience with a strong digital (virtual) focus and physical (real) way, through works on canvas, in situ installations, performances, happening or digital works and projects. My interactive artworks engages the public in the artistic process in order to have an impact on their way of thinking about art and concepts.
My works are mostly built on canvas because it is a classic medium. Among the materials I prefer, paper occupies an important place because it is flexible and part of a rich tradition. The choice of techniques is varied with a predilection for mixed media processes. I conceive also interactive virtual artworks with which internet users can create a composition and then participate in artprojects whose aim is to question our tactile relationship between the real and the virtual.
- September 2019 to January 2020, Multi-Touch, Gutenberg Museum, Fribourg
- June to August 2018, Intervariactiv Exhibition, Galerie Pirlot, Zürich.
- March to May 2018, Transmutations, Galerie Rivoli, Genève.
- December 2017, Intervariactiv Pop Up, The Square, Geneva.
- September to October 2017, Intervariactiv Installation, L’étagère, Lausanne.
COLLECTIVE EXHIBITIONS AND ART FAIRS :
- October 2020, 14th Arte Laguna Prize exhibition, Arsenale, Venice.
- September 2020, FATar : Women in art, Kammgarn west, Schaffhausen.
- April 2020, Augmented Reality City Project, Loughborough.
- November 2019, Art Next, PMQ, Central, Hong Kong.
- September 2019 to January 2020, Human Rights #Clima, Aiapi Collective exhibition, Fondazione Campana Dei Caduti, Rovereto.
- Novembre 2018, La Spontanéité, Lozart Exhibition, Flon, Lausanne
- October 2018, Accessible Art Fair, Bozar, Bruxelles
- September 2018, FATart: Women in Art, Kammgarn West, Schaffhausen.
- April 2018, Roy’s People Art Fair, Oxo Tower Wharf, London.
- March 2018, Inauguration Season 2018, Panier Culturel, La Datcha, Lausanne.
- January 2018, Genuine Night, Espace Fert, Genève.
- October 2017, Art Next 2017, Art fair, PMQ, Central, Hong Kong.
- May 2016, Flon Art, Collective Exhibition of Ceruleum, Lausanne.
COLLABORATIONS AND MANDATES :
- French-speaking Swiss representative on the organizing committee of the next «GFGZ Kultur und Kunstkonferenz» 2020 (postponed due covid.19)
- Collaboration with Graff.io for AR EXTRA : Augmented Reality, Loughborough.
- November 2019, Collaboration with Itacus and Amitos for their Workshop 2019, Mexico City,Mexico.
- June 2019, Participative Installation, Pop in the City, Lausanne.
- February 2018 to August 2018, Comissioned work for a Corporate Image Movie, under the realisation of « Cheese and Chocolate Film SA », Zürich.
- Participation to the « Panier Culturel Lausannois » Winter Season 2017-2018.
- December 2016 and 2017, Mandates for Illustrations, 1DexMag Number 1 and 2.
- 2016 and 2017, Fondation Room to Read, Zurich Chapter.
- 2012- 2017, Corporate Mandates for several specific artworks.
#intervariactifproject , #interagisproject and #INTERVARIACTIFSERIALS
projects on social medias
WHO I AM
I am a visual artist working on the concepts of interaction and public participation.
CONTACT THE ARTIST