LIVES AND WORKS
LIVES AND WORKS
DATE OF BIRTH
Yara Piras was born in Turin in 1995.
In 2017 the artist graduated in visual arts from IED in Milan.
Yara Piras grew up particularly drawn to photography as a contemporary art form. Overtime, as her thoughts and personal taste develop her attention shifts towards the art of installation. The humanist studies carried out in earlier years of formation have allowed her to appreciate the importance of analytical thinking so that she can eventually deny it later on. Afterwards, she consciously chooses a didactic path faithful to her most genuine interest, Visual Arts.
The artistic research begins within a photographic context, with a link to a fixed and static image, and then it approaches a broader concept that dialogues with space and time. The works formulate and define their dimension in a sculptural context as installations. Several diverse expressive means are necessary for the work to be realised : the material used is mainly transparent, stable, and in motion often linked to past time. The innovation, however, resides in the content, not in the medium used and testimony remains ad a critical narrative, concerning of fields of investigation that I am interested in.
– 17ettesima giornata del contemporaneo, AMACI, Milan 2021, curate by Via Farini
– Decima edizione, Premio Francesco Fabbri per le Arti Contemporanee, Treviso 2021 cutared by Carlo Sala
– The light keeper, Saturn Platform, group show in Via Rezia 4, Milan 2021 curated by Arnold Braho
– “Walk-in studio, spazi d’artista” group show at Archivio Via Farini, Milan 2021 curated by Via Farini
– “Vuoto apparente” group show with site specific installation at Anteo Palazzo del cinema, Milan 2021 curated by Vuoto Apparente
– “Rea Arte” group show at Fabbrica del Vapore, Milan 2020 curated by Rea Arte
– “ ATTO I - La ragazza con la pistola” , Smdot, Udine 2022 cutared by Stefano Monti
– “ Frame - Misurare per immagine “, Tufano Studio, Milan 2022 curated by Lucrezia Arrigoni
– “La Prima“ solo show at Fondazione Pini, Milan 2021 curated by Adrian Paci
– Finalist, Premio Fondazione Francesco Fabbri 2021
– Mention, Combact prize 2021
– Winner Rea art fair x Fondazione Pini prize 2020
– Finalist, Exibart prize 2020
– Via Farini x Walk-in-studio, Milan 2021, three-weeks recidency program
– Francesco Fabbri, Exhibition Catalogue, 2021
– La Prima, solo show catalog 2021
– Combact prize, Graduation Publication, 2021
– Exibart prize, Graduation Publication , 2020
– Rea Art Fair Exhibition Catalogue, Milan 2020
– The NELKEN-Line, tribute to Pina Bausch, curated by Aida Vainieri at Piazza della Scala, Milan 2021
– Mousse Magazine; ATTO I - La ragazza con la pistola
– Exibart, Frame - Misurare per immagine
– Costell-azione, video interview
– ATP Diary
– Musecontemporanee - La prima
– Exibart, le parole di Adrian Paci
WHO I AM
The artistic research begins in a photographic context, with a link to a still and moving image.
CONTACT THE ARTIST