LIVES AND WORKS
LIVES AND WORKS
Monte San Vito (AN)
DATE OF BIRTH
Nicola Farina was born in Monte San Vito in the province of Ancona on 01/07/1964.
He attended the Edgardo Mannucci Art Institute in Ancona and later the Academy of Fine Arts in Macerata.
He has always carried out an artistic activity and is a teacher of the Figurative Arts department at the Edgardo Mannucci Art School in Ancona.
He has exhibited in various solo and group exhibitions. Together with the most recent ones, we remember the Marche Prize and the Salvi Sassoferrato Prize. He has also dedicated himself to competitions and commissions.
- One of his works was awarded the 1st prize at the YICCA International Art Contest 2021
- Five of his works have been selected for the virtual exhibition “Simulacra” by The Holy Art Gallery, London
- One of his works has been selected for the 8th and 9th edition of Itsliquid International Art Fair - Contemporary Venice 2021 at the - Archivio della Misericordia
- One of his works received an Honourable mention from the Galerie Biesenbach in Art Matters 4
- Three of his works have been selected among the 20 finalists of the Art Rights Prize, the first International Digital Award for Artists - 3.0, in the Painting category by the jury made up of Luca Beatrice (Curator and Art Critic), Maria Chiara Valacchi (Art Critic, Inde- p pendent Curator and Art Writer), Marta Giani (Sotheby's Director and Specialist Modern and Contemporary Art)
- One of his works was selected among the 12 finalists of the international Lab Malamegi 17 prize
- Personal exhibition at the City of Recanati, which can be visited online at www.effettidiluna.wordpress.com
Among the most significant works:
One of his works was acquired in the collection of the State Museum Tactile Omero of Ancona. It is entitled "Lanetarius" and, following the prize awarded by Maestro Michelangelo Pistoletto as part of the national exhibition Arte Insieme, it was designated and exhibited in 2014 at the cultural events room of the Italian Embassy in Lisbon, in collaboration with the Italian Institute of Culture of Lisbon, to celebrate the Italian semester of presidency of the EU Council. The relational work involved the collaboration of many Italian Cultural Institutes in the world.
One of his own works of a religious nature commissioned by the Diocese of Ancona in 2018, was authorized by the Pontifical Council for Culture chaired by Cardinal Mons.Gianfranco Ravasi and acquired in the liturgical artistic heritage of the Vatican State. This work is an apsidal cross located in the Church of SS. Crucifix of Ancona.
They wrote about it: Father Andrea Dall’Asta, Director of the San Fedele Gallery in Milan
His own work entitled "Creatio Ultra Tempus et Spatium" was exhibited in 2018 at the National Archaeological Museum of the Marche in Ancona and at the Romanian Academy in Rome, on the occasion of the Trajan celebrations, and awarded the medal of the President of the Republic Sergio Mattarella.
They wrote about it: Dr. Nicoletta Frapiccini, Director of the Archaeological Museums of the Polo Museum of the Marche - Dr. Aldo Grassini, Director of the Omero Tactile State Museum of Ancona - Dr. Stefano Papetti, Professor of Museology and Restoration at the University of Camerino, Scientific Curator of the Municipal Collections of Ascoli Piceno
WHO I AM
An artist who works with impalpable and precarious materials that are pulverized and dispersed
CONTACT THE ARTIST