LIVES AND WORKS
LIVES AND WORKS
DATE OF BIRTH
Angelo Di Palma was born in Italy, on April 12, 1985 grew up in Naples under the Vesuvius valley and studied and trained in Milan at Accademia di Belle arti di Brera and then at Akademie der Bildenden Kunste Wien.
At the present lives in London, but he still has his own atelier in the little town near Naples.
The originality of the city of Pompei overlooked by the active volcano at Vesuvius, and the picturesque Capri's island are a big inspiration in his own art. The fire and the magma that are still active under his own home town, drives him with passion in each forms of arts.
Energy, Light , symbolism is very much a part of his esthetic art , with the constant importance to traditional concept but with a contemporary twist . He likes to capture the world natural beauty , his art work shows moment of real life that can reach everyone in a way that can be universal .
With the use of light and colour , symbolism he takes and move the viewer into a magical state of mind .
Also the photography reinvigorated by the potential of the lens to create a conceptual world to connect to all kind of audiences.
His approach shifted towards conceptual art, painting video installation and and photography. The aim is clearly a return to his own roots , with a modern conceptual view this is his the principal place of his narration. Inpirations are taken from the beauty during his trip around the world and the from exquisite beauty of his own country Italy .
Personal Artistic Rewards & Awards
· 2003: First Prize at “National Comix” announced by the Council of the city Urbino, Italy
· 2004: Second Place at the “National VERSACE Competition” for the best drawing of a dress, organised by the “Carlo Secoli Institute”, Milan
· 2004: First Prize at “AIP Graphics Competition” – “NATIONAL YEAR OF PEACE” organised by the “Ministry of Cultural Heritage of Rome” in Rome
· 2005: Personal Art Exhibition at the “Salon Primo” at the “PERMANENTE” in Milan
· 2005: Solo Art Exhibition of paintings at the “Circolodella Stampa” in Corso Venezia, Milan
· 2007: Art Exhibition Assistant Curator during “L’OttavoClima – by Chiara Canali” at “Turning Art Space”, via Tortona 32, Milan
· 2008: Personal Art Installation for the event “The Decade of the Epiphany” at World Trade Center in Hong Kong2008: “Exhibition for Young Artists” in Cork, United Kingdom – supported by the German artist “Harun Farocki”
· 2012: First Prize winner at the ART EXPO “Cinque Terre – SpecialeCreatività”, Portovenere.
WHO I AM
I am a researcher of beauty , using visual pictures and painting I create a reality made of light .
CONTACT THE ARTIST