Near the most extraordinary alpine town, Feltre, where the splendor of the Serenissima, Venice, joins the legends of the Pale Mountains, the Dolomites, the avenue of Cart, a collective work in which Nature and people have given shape, and life, to the most dense representation of the Civilization of the Venetian Villa.
Villa San Liberale, located in Viale di Cart, was built at the end of the seventeenth century, on pre-existing buildings. It was the subject to a succession of enlargement and renovation processes, up to the revisiting and restoration interventions by the last owners, who acquired it in 2000.
The complex consists of the main Villa, the custodians’ house and the Oratory of San Liberale, (at the beginning it had medieval origin, then it was renovated and decorated in 1746 for the marriage of Francesca Vellaio and Giovanni Battista Zugni), and is surrounded by a park of about nine hectares, from which you can enjoy views ranging from the northern slopes of the Prealps to the Dolomites.
A lot of Poets and writers have stayed in the villa including Arnaldo Fusinato, Erminia Fuà (who posthumously published the works of Ippolito Nievo) and Giosuè Carducci.