I used machine learning to learn speech videos related to political figures in human history, and used the training results... Read More
I used machine learning to learn speech videos related to political figures in human history, and used the training results to control their childhood photos for speeches. The work is composed of several video installations, forming an absurd speech venue:
1. Hitler re-speaks the Chaplin's speech at the end of the film "The Great Dictator". In this speech, Chaplin urged people not to become machines. Today, people’s emotions are input into algorithms, algorithms also in turn affect people's mood and even ideology. Political figures elected by humans are the agents of most people's ideologies, and can algorithms carry people's ideologies to form agents?
2. Bush gave a television "speech" in his childhood: The speech was based on his television speech before the invasion of Iraq in 2003.
3. The childhood photos of Trump vowed to deliver his congressional speech after his victory in the 2016 election. In the speech, he imagined the 250th anniversary of the founding of the United States. As the speech deepened, because of the imperfection of the algorithm, Trump's face followed the speech and twisted.
4. Ugandan dictator Idi · Amin called himself a contribution to the economic independence of the Ugandan people in an interview in 2000 after he stepped down, and said that if the Ugandan people need him, he will return to Uganda to make more contributions…
5. Kim Jong-Il’s childhood photo was driven by the image of the famous North Korean broadcaster Lee Chun Ji: congratulations on his inauguration as the general secretary of the Workers’ Party of Korea.
6.Bin Laden said that the 9/11 terrorist attacks opened the door to destroying the United States. The horror that the United States felt under the 9/11 air attacks was the oppression that the Muslim world has felt for 80 years.
7. As a child, Stalin took the oath to join the Young Pioneers
Do today’s media and other technologies make people look like children who can't think deeply, are easy to deceive, and don't need to be responsible for their words and actions?
Today's artificial intelligence is in the childhood stage，when the algorithm learns to participate in human management, will it evolve into a dictator's way of thinking and become a tyrant, or will the algorithm itself evolve into a tyranny?
Functional cookies help to perform certain functionalities like sharing the content of the website on social media platforms, collect feedbacks, and other third-party features.
1 year 1 month
This cookie is associated with the AddThis social sharing widget which is commonly embedded in websites to enable visitors to share content with a range of networking and sharing platforms. It stores an updated page share count.
This cookie is associated with the AddThis social sharing widget which is commonly embedded in websites to enable visitors to share content with a range of networking and sharing platforms. This is believed to be a new cookie from AddThis which is not yet documented, but has been categorised on the assumption it serves a similar purpose to other cookies set by the service.
Performance cookies are used to understand and analyze the key performance indexes of the website which helps in delivering a better user experience for the visitors.
This cookie is used by Google Analytics to persist session state.
This is a pattern type cookie set by Google Analytics, where the pattern element on the name contains the unique identity number of the account or website it relates to. It is a variation of the _gat cookie which is used to limit the amount of data recorded by Google on high traffic volume websites.
This cookie is set by Google Analytics. It stores and update a unique value for each page visited and is used to count and track pageviews.
Are small, encrypted files that track users’ actions and are used to identify users between different websites. Targeting cookies collect user information and use it to build a profile of users’ interests and then show personalized ads for that specific user. Targeting cookies help to attract customers with targeted ads.
Used by Meta to deliver a series of advertisement products such as real time bidding from third party advertisers.
Used by Google AdSense for experimenting with advertisement efficiency across websites using their services.
1 year 1 month
Stores the visitors geolocation to record location of sharer.
1 year 1 month
Tracks how often a user interacts with AddThis.
This cookie is set by Youtube to keep track of user preferences for Youtube videos embedded in sites;it can also determine whether the website visitor is using the new or old version of the Youtube interface.
This cookie is set by YouTube to track views of embedded videos.