LIVES AND WORKS
LIVES AND WORKS
DATE OF BIRTH
Lola van Praag (1992, Amsterdam, Netherlands) is a Dutch textile and fashion designer based in Leiden. She followed two master's degrees. One in textile design at the Swedish School of Textiles (Borås, Sweden) where she focused on industrial knitting and printing techniques and a second in fashion design at the University of Westminster (London, UK) with a specialization in menswear. After graduating she moved back to the Netherlands where she started her own studio.
Artist Henry Hussey, Design intern, June 2018
- Assisted on stitching artworks
- Designing embroidery for artworks
- Lending a helping hand during shoots
Hand & Lock, embroidery studio, Studio intern, April - May 2018
- Research for collections and projects. - Assisted in making samples.
- Assisting on archive.
- Helped with finalizing embroideries.
Studio David Laport, Design intern, November 2014 - May 2015
- Research for collections and projects.
- Assisting on projects such as bridal, costum made dress and Gracia competition. - Designing props for movie collaboration with the Nationaal Ballet.
- Developing prints.
- Assisted on designing clothing and accesories.
- Constructing patterns.
- Assisted in general studio management and organisation.
Ready to Fish by Ilja, Design intern, January 2013 - May 2013
- Research for collections and developing mood-boards.
- Assisted and developed prints.
- Assisted in general studio management and organisation. - Supported distribution department.
- Assisting team during Fittings.
september 2017 - June 2019
Master menswear design, University of Westminster, London, United Kingdom.
september 2015 - februari 2017
Master Textile design, Swedish school of Textiles, Boras, Sweden.
september 2010 - August 2014
Bachelor Fashion Design, Willem de Kooning Academy, Rotterdam, The Netherlands.
Secundary education, Havo Diploma, Rijnlands Lyceum, Sassenheim, The Netherlands.
shows and exhibitions
Upcomming 2021 Dutch design week with Driving Dutch Design
2021 collaborationg with the Textile Musuem for expo Soft! at Rademakers Gallery
2020 Talentprogram “Visions of” with Duran Lantink during Amsterdam fashion week
2020 Edition weekend Rademakers Gallery
2020 Soft! Rademakers Gallery, Amsterdam
2019 Textile work on display exhibition Nasty Woman, De Balie, Amsterdam
2019 London Fashion week mens, London, UK
2017 “New Designers” Textile art on display, Business Design Center, London, UK
2017 “This is Textile design” Textile Museum, Boras, Sweden
2016 - 2019 Multiple colaborations with Jett Rebel
2015 Fashion show Codarts, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
2014 Design colaboration for MUD show during Dutch design week
2014 “Lichting Fashion show” Amsterdam Fashion week, The Netherlands
2014 “Hans Boodt” design a Mannequin, collaboration exhibition, Rotterdam, The Netherlands 2011 Workwear two outfits on display, collaboration Monique van Heist, Schielandhuis Rotterdam
WHO I AM
Textile artist who “hacks” traditional machines and techniques to create innovative materials.
CONTACT THE ARTIST