LIVES AND WORKS
LIVES AND WORKS
My name is Ana Roda and I was worn in Sequeros. Salamanca. Spain.
I started to do "art" when I was a child. I had been painting on my free time and doing another creative activities. When I finished at the High School I started to study Fine Arts at the University. Five years later I was graduated in Fine Arts in Bilbao - EUSKAL HERRIKO UNIBERTSITATEA -UPV/EHU (Spain).
Then I started to work as a Teacher of Visual Arts at a Public High School but I always have combined my artistic work in my Studio with a Visual Arts teacher job, with teenagers.
I am happy with the experimentation with materials, techniques and supports, and Art is my way of talking about emotions, feelings and experiences with the viewer.
Throughout my live, I have participated in many solo and collective exhibitions in my Country (Spain) and in others as France, Italy, Austria, Portugal...
And I usually go to Congresses and Fairs of Contemporary Art and Psychology of Art. It ́s really amazing.
But at this moment we are living a hard and difficult years, and artists are privileged because we can fly with the imagination to abstract from reality and be chroniclers of the moment and the life with our artistic and creative activity.
Human beings are lucky to have Artistic Manifestations and the Word to be able to communicate with the others, and in the moments that we live, without contemplating the beauty of nature, without artistic manifestations, life would lose all its poetry.
In October 2020 I started to develop my Project "NEW KEYS TO LIFE AND THOUGHT THROUGH ART" with Mental Illness Patients at THE RÍO ORTEGA UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL. VALLADOLID. SPAIN. I work with The Psychopathology team at the Hospital.At the moments patients and me are together for three consecutive courses, and they feel better. When we finish each course we do an exhibition in the Hospital hall with their art works.
ARTISTIC WORK THAT I PRESENTED TO ART LAGUNA PRIZE:
LINE OF WORK: "STAGES OF SILENCE"
When and I am painting in my studio I usually listen to Italian music because I love Italy and Italian language.
One day, I started reading the texts of the songs, and I found true poetry and lyricism.
I decided to interpret each verse of the most beautiful songs through my painting.
At this moment I have more than 30 artworks in my studio based on these songs.
I speak with shapes and color of love, peace, freedom, heartbreak, of naked women in search of equality, of awareness for a safe planet, silence, loneliness, personal and international peace. I am an artist and I always work alone. All the paintings are done with a touch of irony.
On all the paintings there appears a small village that, as would image, it is the interpretation of the one where I live.
The backgrounds of the paintings are made with watercolour, and the shapes, with acrylic paint. The support is handmade paper with linen cloth.
The shapes are represented with cavalier projection to give volume to them.
Each symbolic element in my paintings can be a plant or a flower. It is an ode to nature and its preservation.
The set of forms that generate the composition of each work constitute a scene. But it is very important in these paintings, to create a scene, a stage, where a gesture, an action is produced.
I feel that art, in any of its modalities, is nourishment for the soul, as well as a passion that clings to live.
MY MOST IMPORTANT EXHIBITIONS:
- VIVE-ARTE 2017 and 2019 -FERIA INTERNACIONAL DE ARTE CONTEMPORANEO DE EXTREMADURA. INTERNATIONAL FAIR OF CONTEMPORARY ART OF EXTREMADURA. SPAIN.
- “CANZONE ALLA LUNA”. CENTRO LACAN. “SONG TO THE MOON”. LACAN CENTER. VALLADOLID. SPAIN.
- ARTE50 LISBOA. CASAPIA. LISBON. PORTUGAL. (Two consecutive years)
- “SEAS OF MOON”. CASA DE LAS ARTES. LAGUNA DE DUERO. VALLADOLID. SPAIN.
- “LET YOUR EYES CARESS THE SHADOW OF MY VOICE”.CASA DE LA PARAULA.
- “LETTERS FOR THE SILENCE OF PEACE”. BROADWAY CINEMA. VALLADOLID. SPAIN.
- GALLERY 9 OCRE. MONTEMOR. PORTUGAL.
- ARCHEOLOGICAL MUSEUM OF PALENCIA. JUNTA DE CASTILLA Y LEÓN.SPAIN.
- LE TROTTOIR ALLA DARSENA: RITROVO D’ARTE, CULTURA E DIVERTIMENTO. MILAN.
- OPENING OF THE GALLERY SAMUEL. VALLADOLID. SPAIN.
- THE TEXTURE ON THE LANDSCAPE. ARTIST FOR A NEW GENERATION. DIAZ-CANEJA
FOUNDATION. PALENCIA. SPAIN.
- PERMANENT EXHIBITION IN THE BIODIVERSITY ROOM OF THE EMBASSY OF
COLOMBIA. MADRID. SPAIN.
- VITTORIA COLONNA HOTEL. “SINGING OF SUNS ON WINTER NIGHTS”. MEDINA DE
RIOSECO. VALLADOLID. SPAIN.
- LA PINTARTECA. RESTORATIVE ARTISTIC SPACE. MADRID. SPAIN.
- KEYHOLE TRILOGY: “TO MAKE MOUTH”, “FROM MOUTH TO MOUTH”, “ TO PICK THE
MOUTH”. PIMENTEL PALACE AND CONTEMPORARY ART MUSEUM HERRERIAN
COURT YARD. VALLADOLID. SPAIN.
- OPEN STATION. PERMANENT EXHIBITION HALL. CAMPO GRANDE STATION. ADIF.
MINISTERIO DE FOMENTO (MINISTRY OF DEVELOPMENT). VALLADOLID. SPAIN.
- IN MEMORIAM SANTIAGO AMÓN. CAJA DUERO OF VALLADOLID AND PROVINCIAL
CULTURAL CENTER OF PALENCIA. SPAIN.
- “EARTH, SOMETHING TO FEEL”. SHOWROOM OF CAJA DUERO. PALENCIA. SPAIN.
- “TOWADS THE ICE OF THE STARS”. SHOWROOM OF BBVA BANK. VALLADOLID. SPAIN.
- 10 DRAWING TEACHERS. SHOWROOM CALDERÓN THEATER. VALLADOLID. SPAIN.
- “AMUSEMENTS”. TERESA CUADRADO GALLERY. VALLADOLID. SPAIN.....
- SECOND DAYS OF CONTEMPORARY ART. MUSAC (CONTEMPORARY ART MUSEUM OF CASTILLA AND LEÓN). LEÓN. CULTURAL CENTER MIGUEL DELIBES. VALLADOLID. SPAIN.
- II CONGRESS OF SPANISH CONTEMPORARY ART. CASA ENCENDIDA. MADRID. SPAIN.
- IV CONGRESS OF CASTILLA Y LEÓN CONTEMPORARY ART. “ ALL PRACTICE IS LOCAL”.
DA2. SALAMANCA. SPAIN.
- “AN ORGANIZATION MODE AROUND THE EMPTINESS. PSYCHOANALYSIS, ART AND
POLITICS”, MUSAC. CONTEMPORARY ART MUSEUM OF CASTILLA AND LEÓN. LEÓN.
- CONVENTION CONGRESS. PRODUCE. EXPOSE AND INTERPRET. MUSAC.
CONTEMPORARY ART MUSEUM OF CASTILLA AND LEÓN. LEÓN. SPAIN.
- SECOND CONGRESS OF CRITICAL CULTURAL PRODUCTION IN THE CURRENT ARTISTIC
AND EDUCATIONAL PRACTICE.
- INTERNATIONAL CONGRESS OF ART CRITICS. PUBLIC ART TODAY. CONTEMPORARY.
ART MUSEUM HERRERIAN COURT YARD, MUSAC, CASA DEL CORDÓN AND e-LEA CENTER. VALLADOLID. LEÓN. BURGOS. SPAIN.
- WINNER OF THE SPECIAL PRIZE ARTIST IN RESIDENCE 12.13 ART LAGUNA. GLASS SCHOOL ABATTE ZANETTI. MURANO. VENICE. ITALY.
- FINALIST IN THE INTERNATIONAL ART COMPETITION ART COMBAT PRIZE.LIVORNO.
- SELECTED BY THE CONTEMPORARY ART MUSEUM OF CASTILLA AND LEÓN (MUSAC)
TO PRESENT MY ARTISTIC WORK. LEÓN. SPAIN.
- SELECTED BY DÍAZ-CANEJA FOUNDATION. PAINTING WORK. PALENCIA. SPAIN.
- SELECTED ARTIST “JUVENTUD 92” BY JUNTA DE CASTILLA AND LEÓN. REGIONAL
CONTEST OF PLASTIC ARTS. CASTILLA Y LEÓN. SPAIN.
- ARTÈNÎM. LA FOIRE INTERNATIONALE D’ART CONTEMPORAIN DU SUD. NÎMES. FRANCE.
- ART-SALZBURG.INTERNATIONAL FAIR OF CONTEMPORARY ART. SALZBURG. AUSTRIA.
- 14a MOSTRA MERCATO NAZIONALE DI ARTE CONTEMPORANEA. BRESCIA. ITALY.
- ARCALE. INTERNATIONAL FAIR OF CONTEMPORARY ART OF CASTILLA AND LEÓN. VALLADOLID.
SONGS TITLE OF THE PAINTING I PRESENT TO ART LAGUNA PRIZE:
1- "DORMI AMORE". ADRIANO CELENTANO. AUTHORS: GIANNI BELLA and MOGOL.
2- "ARIA": ADRIANO CELENTANO. AUTHORS: LORENZO CHERUBINI and DANIEL VULEVIC.
3- "NON CREDERE". MINA. AUTHORS: MOGOL, LUIGI CLAUSETTI and ROBERTO SOFFICI.
4- "SOGNANDO": MINA. AUTHORS: DON BACKY and PAOLO DRIUSSI.
5- "UN ANNO D'AMORE". MINA. AUTHORS: NINO FERRER, MOGOL and A.TESTA.
6- "SENZA FIATO". MINA. AUTHORS: A. GENOVESE and O. MICCIKE.
WHO I AM
Ana Roda, a multidisciplinary artist who grows day to day with the artistic experimentation.
CONTACT THE ARTIST