LIVES AND WORKS
LIVES AND WORKS
My name is Ana Roda and I was worn in Sequeros. Salamanca. Spain.
I started to do "art" when I was a child. I had been painting on my free time and doing another creative activities. When I finished at the High School I started to study Fine Arts at the University. Five years later I was graduated in Fine Arts in Bilbao (Spain).
Then I started to work as a Teacher of Visual Arts at a Public High School but I always have combined my artistic work in my Studio with a Visual Arts teacher job with teenagers. I am happy with the experimentation with materials, techniques and supports and Art is my way of talking about emotions, feelings and experiences with the viewer.
Throughout my live, I have participated in many solo and collective exhibition in my Country (Spain) and in others as France, Italy, Austria, Portugal...
And I usually go to Congresses and Fairs of Contemporary Art and Psychology of Art. It ́s really amazing.
But at this moment we live a hard and difficult year and artist are privileged because we can fly with the imagination to abstract from reality and be chroniclers of it with our artistic and creative activity.
Human beings are lucky to have Artistic Manifestations and the Word to be able to comunicate with the others and in the moments that we live, without contemplating the beauty of nature, without artistic manifestations, life would lose all its poetry.
In October 2020 I started to develop my Project "NEW KEYS TO LIFE AND THOUGHT THROUGH ART" with Mentally Ill Patients at THE RÍO ORTEGA UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL. VALLADOLID. SPAIN. I work with The Psychopathology team at the Hospital. But at this moment we stop the activity because we must wait for a better situation regarding the Pandemic.
It is time to learn to wait and value each sunrise as a poetry for our eyes.
The series of paintings that I presented to the Art Laguna Prize has been started in 2020 and the seed is the cover of a book commissioned by an important Spanish Psychoanalyst (without any previous premise on his part and with total free action for me). Now this series is growing independently and is my personal chronicle of the Pandemic that is hitting our Planet.
MY MOST IMPORTANT EXHIBITIONS:
- VIVE-ARTE 2017 and 2019 -FERIA INTERNACIONAL DE ARTE CONTEMPORANEO DE EXTREMADURA. INTERNATIONAL FAIR OF CONTEMPORARY ART OF EXTREMADURA. SPAIN.
- “CANZONE ALLA LUNA”. CENTRO LACAN. “SONG TO THE MOON”. LACAN CENTER. VALLADOLID. SPAIN.
- ARTE50 LISBOA. CASAPIA. LISBON. PORTUGAL. (Two consecutive years)
- “SEAS OF MOON”. CASA DE LAS ARTES. LAGUNA DE DUERO. VALLADOLID. SPAIN.
- “LET YOUR EYES CARESS THE SHADOW OF MY VOICE”.CASA DE LA PARAULA.
- “LETTERS FOR THE SILENCE OF PEACE”. BROADWAY CINEMA. VALLADOLID. SPAIN.
- GALLERY 9 OCRE. MONTEMOR. PORTUGAL.
- ARCHEOLOGICAL MUSEUM OF PALENCIA. JUNTA DE CASTILLA Y LEÓN.SPAIN.
- LE TROTTOIR ALLA DARSENA: RITROVO D’ARTE, CULTURA E DIVERTIMENTO. MILAN.
- OPENING OF THE GALLERY SAMUEL. VALLADOLID. SPAIN.
- THE TEXTURE ON THE LANDSCAPE. ARTIST FOR A NEW GENERATION. DIAZ-CANEJA
FOUNDATION. PALENCIA. SPAIN.
- PERMANENT EXHIBITION IN THE BIODIVERSITY ROOM OF THE EMBASSY OF
COLOMBIA. MADRID. SPAIN.
- VITTORIA COLONNA HOTEL. “SINGING OF SUNS ON WINTER NIGHTS”. MEDINA DE
RIOSECO. VALLADOLID. SPAIN.
- LA PINTARTECA. RESTORATIVE ARTISTIC SPACE. MADRID. SPAIN.
- KEYHOLE TRILOGY: “TO MAKE MOUTH”, “FROM MOUTH TO MOUTH”, “ TO PICK THE
MOUTH”. PIMENTEL PALACE AND CONTEMPORARY ART MUSEUM HERRERIAN
COURT YARD. VALLADOLID. SPAIN.
- OPEN STATION. PERMANENT EXHIBITION HALL. CAMPO GRANDE STATION. ADIF.
MINISTERIO DE FOMENTO (MINISTRY OF DEVELOPMENT). VALLADOLID. SPAIN.
- IN MEMORIAM SANTIAGO AMÓN. CAJA DUERO OF VALLADOLID AND PROVINCIAL
CULTURAL CENTER OF PALENCIA. SPAIN.
- “EARTH, SOMETHING TO FEEL”. SHOWROOM OF CAJA DUERO. PALENCIA. SPAIN.
- “TOWADS THE ICE OF THE STARS”. SHOWROOM OF BBVA BANK. VALLADOLID. SPAIN.
- 10 DRAWING TEACHERS. SHOWROOM CALDERÓN THEATER. VALLADOLID. SPAIN.
- “AMUSEMENTS”. TERESA CUADRADO GALLERY. VALLADOLID. SPAIN.....
- SECOND DAYS OF CONTEMPORARY ART. MUSAC (CONTEMPORARY ART MUSEUM OF CASTILLA AND LEÓN). LEÓN. CULTURAL CENTER MIGUEL DELIBES. VALLADOLID. SPAIN.
- II CONGRESS OF SPANISH CONTEMPORARY ART. CASA ENCENDIDA. MADRID. SPAIN.
- IV CONGRESS OF CASTILLA Y LEÓN CONTEMPORARY ART. “ ALL PRACTICE IS LOCAL”.
DA2. SALAMANCA. SPAIN.
- “AN ORGANIZATION MODE AROUND THE EMPTINESS. PSYCHOANALYSIS, ART AND
POLITICS”, MUSAC. CONTEMPORARY ART MUSEUM OF CASTILLA AND LEÓN. LEÓN.
- CONVENTION CONGRESS. PRODUCE. EXPOSE AND INTERPRET. MUSAC.
CONTEMPORARY ART MUSEUM OF CASTILLA AND LEÓN. LEÓN. SPAIN.
- SECOND CONGRESS OF CRITICAL CULTURAL PRODUCTION IN THE CURRENT ARTISTIC
AND EDUCATIONAL PRACTICE
- INTERNATIONAL CONGRESS OF ART CRITICS. PUBLIC ART TODAY. CONTEMPORARY
ART MUSEUM HERRERIAN COURT YARD, MUSAC, CASA DEL CORDÓN AND e-LEA CENTER. VALLADOLID. LEÓN. BURGOS. SPAIN.
- WINNER OF THE SPECIAL PRIZE ARTIST IN RESIDENCE 12.13 ART LAGUNA. GLASS SCHOOL ABATTE ZANETTI. MURANO. VENICE. ITALY.
- FINALIST IN THE INTERNATIONAL ART COMPETITION ART COMBAT PRIZE.LIVORNO.
- SELECTED BY THE CONTEMPORARY ART MUSEUM OF CASTILLA AND LEÓN (MUSAC)
TO PRESENT MY ARTISTIC WORK. LEÓN. SPAIN.
- SELECTED BY DÍAZ-CANEJA FOUNDATION. PAINTING WORK. PALENCIA. SPAIN.
- SELECTED ARTIST “JUVENTUD 92” BY JUNTA DE CASTILLA AND LEÓN. REGIONAL
CONTEST OF PLASTIC ARTS. CASTILLA Y LEÓN. SPAIN.
- ARTÈNÎM. LA FOIRE INTERNATIONALE D’ART CONTEMPORAIN DU SUD. NÎMES. FRANCE.
- ART-SALZBURG.INTERNATIONAL FAIR OF CONTEMPORARY ART. SALZBURG. AUSTRIA.
- 14a MOSTRA MERCATO NAZIONALE DI ARTE CONTEMPORANEA. BRESCIA. ITALY.
- ARCALE. INTERNATIONAL FAIR OF CONTEMPORARY ART OF CASTILLA AND LEÓN. VALLADOLID.
PRESENT AND FUTURE:
- DURING THE FIRST SIX MONTHS IN WHICH THE COVID-19 SITUATION SUBSIDES, I WILL RETAKE THE PROJECT "NEW KEYS TO LIFE AND THOUGHT THROUGH ART" WITH MENTALLY ILL PATIENTS AT THE RÍO ORTEGA UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL. VALLADOLID. SPAIN. I wrote this project during the COVID-19 CONFINEMENT and was approved by Hospital Director and the Psychopathology Team in July 2020 to start it in October. I started to work in this month with the Psychopathology team but we had to stop in November due the COVID-19 contagion rate.
WHO I AM
Ana Roda, a multidisciplinary artist who grows day to day with the artistic experimentation.
CONTACT THE ARTIST