LIVES AND WORKS
LIVES AND WORKS
DATE OF BIRTH
Birdy Tg is a French multi-awarded artist (photographer, painter, sculptor), writer (novelist, philosophical essayist, poet) and music author and composer. Passionate from his younger age by Art in any of its forms, beside Literature and Art studies, he also became a Doctor of Science. A quite unusual career path leading to an atypical body of Art.
Art critics describe his visual art as diegetic, conceptual, philosophical, allegorical, lyrical, oneiric, symbolic and encoded. His artworks explore the human nature and its weaknesses, facing its emotions and questioning the great mysteries of the universe, to highlight and analyse the human mechanisms of implication, interaction and intrication that have woven the founds of our society and its evolution bridges throughout the ages and continents.
Escaping from all traditional classifications, far from what is usually given to see into the nowadays tidal wave of images, Birdy Tg’ s unique style can easily be recognized at once. Of course, this is a very intellectual body of work, with many different layers of lecture, from the first aesthetic level up to the most hermetic one, but anyone, from children to art aesthetes and specialists, will easily find his own pleasure and interest in it, because Birdy Tg never forgets to be, first of all, a true storyteller and a humanist philosopher with a constant didactic concern.
As a master of game, by his very large formats, Birdy Tg first invites the audience to enter into his special universe for a full-immersion experience, then, thanks to the hundreds of encoded clues, evidence and artistic references included inside of his huge artworks, he incites the viewers to become, their turn, real actors involved into an effective treasure hunt which the loot could positively help taking a stand about the underlying philosophical problematic he submits.
In his visual works, Birdy Tg uses photography in a non-conventional manner, mostly using photography pixels as a painter works with pigments and brushes on his canvas. His artistic goal is to recreate the splendour of detail, the keen eye for it, the exuberance of keys and codes, the extreme care for the light and the overall construction, the essence of the feeling and emotion, that all together made the great days of the European Classical Painting, but in a very contemporary expression, using all of the latest photography technologies and including new ones he constantly invents and develops.
If he certainly masters any kind of photography technics — from silver to numeric, from fashion runways shots to studio portraits, from landscape or architecture photographs to raw street pictures — his favourite visual expression is, no doubt, very large format complex frescoes, in which he can patiently and carefully incorporate and link up to several thousands of single photographs together, requiring up to 6 full months of constant work per single artwork, making his collage technic one of the most unique and achieved in the world.
Meanwhile, Birdy Tg never forgets to point out that technic is only a simple mean to him, with absolutely no meaning or value in term of Art. Only the authentic emotion coming from his deepest body, with no concession whatever the consequences can be, can allow the artist, as an alchemist, to succeed in turning total virtual sceneries — even if technically made of thousands of small realities — into the Gold of a self-evident sentiment, ever-existing-wise, directly speaking to the audience heart. And this is precisely what Art is.
By Sandrine Gulian – Official Biographer of the Artist.
Main Awards in 2018:
- BRONZE MEDAL WINNER at TOKYO INTERNATIONAL FOTO AWARDS 2017 - JAPAN - « Fine-Art » Category.
- 1st PRIZE at GALA PHOTOGRAPHY AWARDS – 11th POLLUX AWARDS 2018 – USA - “Alternative Process” Category.
- 2nd PRIZE at GALA PHOTOGRAPHY AWARDS – 11th POLLUX AWARDS 2018 - USA - “Open Theme” Category.
- BRONZE MEDAL WINNER at MOSCOW INTERNATIONAL FOTO AWARDS (Mifa) 2018 - RUSSIA - Portfolio Category - Fine Arts
- GOLD MEDAL WINNER (1st prize - Best Creative Photograph of the Year ) at the INTERNATIONAL EYEWIN AWARDS 2018 - New Dehli - INDIA
- BEST DIGITAL ARTIST OF THE YEAR at the INTERNATIONAL EYEWIN AWARDS 2018 - New Dehli – INDIA
- SHORTLISTED at the GLOBAL ART AWARDS 2018 - DUBAI (U.A.E.) - Winner announced on Nov 21, 2018
Selected Exhibitions in 2018:
- « TIFA Winners » - ICA Gallery, Tokyo – JAPAN
- International Eyewin Awards 2018 – Winners exhibition - Alliance Française – New Dehli – INDIA
- Museum Of Contemporary Arts (MoCA) Beijing – Beijing – CHINA
- Invited Guest to the 5th Biennial of Fine Art & Documentary Photography – Barcelona – SPAIN
- “Salon d’Automne” – Official Selection – Le Grand Palais, Champs- Elysées – Paris - FRANCE
- Blank Wall Gallery – Athens – GREECE
- Pashmin Art Gallery – Hamburg – GERMANY
WHO I AM
Visual artist (Photographer, Painter, Sculptor) & Writer (Novelist, Essayist, Poet)
CONTACT THE ARTIST